Revitalise Repair Services is committed to respecting the privacy of its customers. The following policy discusses how personal information received by Revitalise Repair Services will be dealt with.
Although not required by law to comply with its provisions, Revitalise Repair Services seeks to opt in to the Privacy Act 1988 (also sometimes referred to as the Privacy Principles Act or the Personal Information Privacy Principles Act) in dealing with its customers. We do this so that our customers will have confidence that they are dealing with a supplier committed to excellence and security for our customers.
Information Protection Principles
Revitalise Repair Services must not do anything, or engage in any practice, that contravenes any information protection principles contained in the Privacy Act. In particular Revitalise Repair Services declares that it will:
- Not collect personal information unless:
- the information is collected for a lawful purpose that is directly related to a function or activity of Revitalise Repair Services, AND
- the collection of the information is reasonably necessary for that purpose;
- Not collect personal information by any unlawful means;
- Collect the information directly from the individual;
- Make the individual to whom the information relates aware of:
- the fact that the information is being collected, AND
- the purposes for which the information is being collected, AND
- the intended recipients of the information, AND
- whether the supply of the information by the individual is required by law or is voluntary, and any consequences for the individual if the information (or any part of it) is not provided, AND
- the existence of any right of access to, and correction of, the information, AND
- the name and address of Revitalise Repair Services that is collecting the information and Revitalise Repair Services that is to hold the information.
- Ensure that any information collected is relevant to that purpose, is not excessive, and is accurate, up to date and complete, and that the collection of the information does not intrude on the personal affairs of the individual
* For the purposes of this declaration, personal information means information or an opinion (including information or an opinion forming part of a database and whether or not recorded in a material form) about an individual whose identity is apparent or can reasonably be ascertained from the information or opinion.